Weekly Summary #11
This week was called Dark Web… Star Warsy i guess? Come to the dark side muahahaha. okay shush. Anyways our goals for the week were to comment some more, make a web presense for our agency, do 10 stars of assignments (5 of the Web) and then 2 daily creates. Check out my work!
I guess we will start with Daily Creates. I did the DC’s from the last 2 days because of the business but here ya go! Saturday i did The Kindle Cover. We had to make a disaster cover for an imaginary ds106 book. i just used by photo editing software Gimp and took an explosion, added a contradictory phrase and BAM! The second i did was from today, it was to make umbrella art. I was trying to do it and i encountered a major problem…i don’t have an umbrella at my house… SO I USED A RAINCOAT YAY FOR TROUBLESHOOTING! (Notice the adorable puppy by the way)
Assignments: So we had to do 10 stars of collaborative assignments and 5 of them had to be of the web variety. I started by making a resume for myself, everyone in my squad did this as well, we decided it would be good to each have an idea of everyone’s experience and skills and all that. I just made it in MS word because it was easiest. That was 3 stars. I also made a pinterest for myself which was worth 3 stars. I am not a big fan of this social media stuff but i made one anyways… The other assignments i did was to make a picasso of myself (1.5 stars). I did this because our group is really crazy and Longs inspired me. she thins outside of the box and told me that this would be a fun one to do! The final project was 3.5 stars and was making a magazine cover. I made a cover showcasing how great my Tune Squad really is! i’d love to see this magazine if it was really published!!
Website: So we made a website for the Tune Squad Squad Agency. We named it that because it is the same group of people as the tune squad, but we added squad because this is for class so it is a little bit different! Longs and Callaghan are great so i’m excited to work with them. Callaghan did most of the work setting it up, but we tried to collaborate and we were actually together trying to make the damn website. I tried making a subdoamin and it just wouldn’t work so Emma used weebly. But we got it all set up with all the parts!
Comments: We had to comment 10 times again. This week i tried to focus on examining everyone’s agency work and checking out their websites and commenting on post about websites. It was just really interesting seeing everyone’s different views and creativity on their agency!